Friday, September 24, 2010

My Expectation

I liked the course  pedagogies for flexible learning supported by technology since the introduce presentation about the course. I am highly interested in improving instruction through technology. During my work as a teacher, I have been trying to use the available technologies in my classes, however, I was clearly sense that there is some gap in my interest and my actual practices. I really didn’t like always to teach the same talk and chalk style. I had had always an interest in using technology in my classes. In my country, even though, there is limited amount of resources to integrate technology in the instruction process, its usage is not well known. A well comprehensive researches are not done even to investigate the status, practice etc of technology usage in the classroom in the country. Leave alone primary, and secondary schools, the universities are not using technology in the instruction process extensively. In a baseline survey conducted by the Ministry of Education of my country(Ethiopia), it emerged that most universities and institutions of higher learning in Ethiopia have computers. However, these computers are few and, therefore, shared at a student-computer ratio of 10:1 in most cases. The study also showed that despite the presence of computers, most of the institutions lack a network infrastructure and have limited connectivity. The lecturers are yet to adopt ICT as a teaching tool, and only a small number of students use computers and the Internet as a learning resource. Hence, my critical issue is how to integrate the available technology in the classroom? I hope that I will see a green light through the study of this course. All these real situations in my country forced me to study educational science and technology. Particularly, I also believe that this course will help me a lot to grasp a lot of literatures related to pedagogy and technology. Moreover, I expect from the course in answering the question that “how technology could be one way of making the instructional process flexible”.  Generally, I expect from course to have a good attitude, skill and knowledge about the following issues:
·         How technology will assist instructional process?
·         How we make the instruction flexible with the available resources?
·         What are the factors in using technology in the instruction process? And solutions?
·         Which technology, at what level, and in what way should technology be used in the instruction process?
+=========================================================+

1 comment:

  1. Hi Seyum,
    Thanks for making your weblog, I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with you!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete